International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
Raiffeisen Bank International AG (RBI) regards Austria, where it is a leading corporate and investment bank, as well as Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) as its home market. 13 markets of the region are covered by subsidiary banks. Additionally, the group comprises numerous other financial service providers, for instance in the fields of leasing, asset management, as well as M&A. To support its business activities, RBI operates representative offices and service branches at selected Asian and Western European locations.
Currently we are supporting our business in Uzbekistan. Hence, we are looking for a compliance specialist with extensive compliance knowledge and expertise in the STAN region. Base will be Uzbekistan. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all of RBI’s activities in this region follow the necessary rules and regulations, and that RBI complies with local legal and regulatory boundaries.
What you can expect:
What you bring to the table:
- You will act as RBI’s compliance competence center for the STAN region
- You will provide expert market know how by experience exchange with institutional clients and regulators in the market
- You will liaise with our RBI group entities to advise on the overall local requirements and market standards in the STAN region
- You will assess compliance risks of the countries in the STAN region and support RBI regarding potential remediation actions for institutional clients
- You will assess existing RBI Group institutional client relationships towards the business compliance framework and help RBI in identifying clients within RBIs compliance risk appetite
- You will act as an advisor in the decision-making process of the strategic expansion of RBI’s business in the STAN region
- You will be an active compliance partner of RBI’s business units in the acquisition of new customers and the monitoring of existing customers in the STAN region
- You will work with leaders throughout RBI to resolve open compliance issues in a timely and effective manner
What we offer:
- Deep subject matter expertise in AML and other compliance topics such as sanctions, fraud and capital markets compliance laws and regulations in the STAN region
- Well-grounded understanding and experience of and in financial institutions, especially correspondent banks
- Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the bank and its customers
- Understanding of the local client behavior and banking oversight environment
- Analytical, data science as well as IT skills of advantage
- Collaborative personality with strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and proven execution abilities
- Ability to work autonomously in Uzbekistan, but also with a virtual team of project managers
- Solid judgment, strong negotiation skills
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at gross p.a. 60.000 including overtime
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.