Corporate Ombudsperson Deputy (f/m/x)
(limited time contract planned for 1,5 - 2 years)
The word »ombud« comes from the Scandinavian language and means »representative«:
a person of trust who has the task to help and serves to advocate for fairness and equity.
Since 2021 the Corporate Ombuds-Office @ RBI has been well established within its core contours of impartiality, informality, independence, and confidentiality. It provides safe space and quality time for any employee, regardless of status or role, who wants to clarify issues, discuss things and seek help to resolve concerns. Phenomena of concerns include, but are not limited to, the following: (sexual) harassment & discrimination, health & illness, social togetherness & relationship skills as well as organizational change as a challenge.
This position is initially intended as a temporary replacement but does not exclude the possibility of further employment.
Make ombuds happen – with us.
#full-time or part-time
#mainly work in the office
Your role at RBI
- Maintenance of the Ombuds-Office as safe space
- Being a point of contact for all staff, who wants to raise questions, find guidance, discuss, and reflect difficult situations which are workplace-related
- Performance of operational case management in using developed and well-tested processes, e.g., accompaniment, intervention and/or (internal/external) referral, and in compliance with the established guidelines for handling non-formal complaints
- Taking all steps to ensure the integrity of the Ombuds Office is maintained at all times, including upholding its standards regarding impartiality, independency, informality, and true confidentiality
- Responding to all individuals in a timely way and treat all with respect and professionalism, to assist finding and develop unique solution pathways
- Contributing to an environment that fosters emotional and physical safety as well as fairness and equity for all people @ RBI
- Working collaboratively and effectively with several stakeholders of the Ombuds-Office, like e.g., People & Organisational Innovation, Health Consult, Compliance, Occupational Healthcare, Staff Council, further external resources
- Case documentation
Your core competencies
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in coaching, ombudsing, conflict resolution, mediation and/or negotiation or related field
- Know How of conversation techniques, (systemic) Coaching- and Moderation-Methods, and/or experience in counselling, advice, and consulting, as well as basic knowledge in labour law
- Work experience in social work also in large international organizations
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with individuals at all organisational levels, an ability to quickly develop a rapport with others and experience working with subtle and/or complex organisational political dynamics
- Mature personality and client oriented: pleasant, friendly, inviting, active listener, solution focused, empathic, trustful, respectful, calm
- Ability, to keep confidentiality, to deal with dilemmata and ambiguity, as well as to keep balance
- Strong background of sensitivity to diversity and fairness issues
- Demonstrated experience handling highly confidential matters with discretion and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
What's in it for you
- Supervision: Accompaniment by external supervisor as individual hygiene factor
- Work Life Balance: flexible working hours
- Career Options: to develop personally & professionally
- Learning: as part of our DNA & culture
- Easy Commuting: free public transport pass
- Canteen: healthy, tasty, and heavily subsidized
- Leisure time activities: attractive sports and cultural offers (free museum tickets, reduced gym membership, etc.)
- Savings: with vouchers / discounts from our staff council (eg. in supermarkets)
- Family Friendly: family allowances (if applicable), gender-neutral parental leave, part-time work, bilingual company kindergarten etc.
- Salary: starting at EUR 50.000,- gross p.a. (38,5h/week) excluding overtime
(market-compliant overpayment is provided dep. on experience / qualification)
At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 17 million customers in Austria and 12 other CEE countries – what got us here, are our talented people. From the moment you join RBI, you will notice our commitment to creating a working environment where everyone can thrive. Diversity and inclusion are essential components of our vision and mission and are reflected in our values: collaboration, proactivity, learning and responsibility. Our shared mission is to provide a superior customer experience by tackling new issues such as digitalization and changing needs.