International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
As Big Data Engineer you will act hand in hand with data scientists, big data architects and data consumers across CEE to plan and execute data integration. You will be in charge for data definition and the mapping from raw data to final data products running on the data lake eco-system. Additionally, in the revolution of classic ETL you will be part of rapid prototyping, visualisation and BI projects for big data consumers.
What you can expect:
What you bring to the table:
- Assemble large, complex data sets to meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build data integration and transformation from various sources and technologies within the data lake infrastructure as part of an agile delivery team
- Manage incidents reported by data providers or data consumers and ensure a continuous data flow
- Drive the advancement of RBI data infrastructure by designing and implementing the underlying logic and structure for how data is setup, cleansed, and ultimately stored for organisational usage
- Gaining insights into large data sets and how to steer business with
What we offer:
- About 3 years of experience in data engineering for analytical purposes from various data sources in the area of big data / data warehousing
- Professional experience in designing and developing data pipelines in Python/Spark/Scala
- Practical cloud experience in AWS preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Fluent English; German or another CEE language is appreciated, but not mandatory
- Proactivity; Curiosity; Responsibility; Ideas & Confidence
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at EUR 60.000,00 gross p.a. including overtime
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.