Here at RBI Group IT GmbH databases performance and security are essential to our success.
If the challenge of delivering a secure and reliable product to our customers while working in a highly motivated and international team sounds exciting, we would love to connect with you!
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a
Database Reliability Engineer (f/m/x)
As a Database Reliability Engineer, you will automate the creation and management of highly available PostgreSQL environments helping us to migrate our databases from a legacy system to a self-service platform.
What you can expect:
- Design, Analyze and Implement automation which delivers highly available and scalable PostgreSQL environments in our IaaS
- Ensure that the database operates reliably by troubleshooting and solving issues across the entire database environment
- Establish a Database Disaster Recovery solution; design and implement data backup and recovery procedures according to business needs
- Enable visibility into the PostgreSQL environment; collect and visualize performance and system metrics, implement logging and auditing, introduce alerting.
- Mentor other SREs on best practices when it comes to monitor databases and troubleshoot issues
- Design and build a consistent, repeatable, and reliable continuous delivery of database changes in our deployment pipeline
- Develop database documentation. As database automation is developed, the database documentation must allow feature teams to quickly create and scale environments
What you bring to the table:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Expert knowledge of IT security best practices
- Experience with infrastructure as a service (IaC) tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Good knowledge of Linux or UNIX based system, specifically RHEL
- +3 years’ experience managing PostgreSQL and troubleshooting issues with database instances, DR, replication & backups
- Extensive knowledge of DB and Linux shell scripting
- Experience with monitoring and monitoring technologies (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana, Kibana, Elasticsearch)
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- Challenging tasks in a pleasant, open working atmosphere
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Annual gross salary EUR 56.000,-- excl. overtime according to IT collective agreement - depending on experience and qualifications, corresponding overpayment is possible
- Work life balance through a variable working time model
- Wide range of additional operating benefits (e.g. subsidized canteen)
8.0.7 © Raiffeisen Bank International AG 2017