Database Reliability Engineer (f/m/x)
Our Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for a Database Reliability Engineer who likes to work in an agile working environment.
As a Database Reliability Engineer, you will automate the creation and management of highly available PostgreSQL environments helping us to migrate our databases from a legacy system to a self-service platform.
(38.5h / week)
- Design, analyze and implement automation which delivers highly available and scalable PostgreSQL environments in our IaaS
- Ensure that the database operates reliably by troubleshooting and solving issues across the entire database environment
- Establish a Database Disaster Recovery solution: Design and implement data backup and recovery procedures according to business needs
- Enable visibility into the PostgreSQL environment: Collect and visualize performance and system metrics, implement logging and auditing, introduce alerting.
- Mentor other SREs on best practices when it comes to monitor databases and troubleshoot issues
- Develop database documentation: As database automation is developed, the database documentation must allow feature teams to quickly create and scale environments
Your core competencies
- Master's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in managing PostgreSQL and troubleshooting configuration and connection issues
- Knowledge of IT security best practices
- Experience with infrastructure as a service (IaC) tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge of Linux or UNIX based system, specifically RHEL
- Experience with monitoring and monitoring technologies (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog, Grafana, Kibana, Elasticsearch)
Nice to have
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
What's in it for you
- Work Life Balance: flexible working hours, extensive hybrid working options / work from home
- Easy Moving: relocation allowance & work permit support
- Top-notch Equipment: modern tools & technologies
- International Spirit: multi-cultural teams, English as company language, team building events
- Learning & Agile Working: as part of our DNA & culture
- Canteen: healthy, tasty, and heavily subsidized
- Saving: with vouchers / discounts from our staffs' council (eg. supermarket)
- Further Goodies: free public transport pass, salary account & credit card, gender-neutral parental leave, bilingual company kindergarten etc.
- Salary: the offered gross yearly salary starting at 56.000,- Euro (basis full-time) excluding overtime.
RBI Group IT GmbH is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI) with the aim of providing a broad range of IT services to Group RBI and the specialized institutions Raiffeisen Bausparkasse, Raiffeisen Capital Management, Raiffeisen Leasing, Raiffeisen Service Center and Valida Vorsorge Management. We offer an international and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
For questions regarding our application process, please feel free to take a look on our website our check out our FAQ.
8.0.7 © Raiffeisen Bank International AG 2017