International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
The Functional Lead Advisor – CEE Fund Hub, is responsible for business development, target client identification, deal generation & execution as well as maintenance of client relationships within the broad fund universe active in the CEE Region. This role will lead a team of fund advisors and professionals together with a dedicated matrix team comprising product specialists and enabling services within the Bank. The functional lead will report to the Head of Institutional Investors within Markets & Investment Banking Board Area of RBI.
Target Client types in scope are Asset Managers, including Alternative Investment Funds e.g. Private Equity, Private Debt, and also UCITS/Mutual Funds, all domiciled in CEE or active in CEE.
Products in scope are all relevant products along the fund life cycle within AIF and UCITS environment, especially driven by markets and investment banking products as well as custody and cash management on fund level.
What you can expect:
- Design and execute the client/product strategy for the CEE Fund Hub and steer all business activities with clients in core Fund Hub markets e.g.Poland, Czech Rep., Slovakia and Romania
- Ensure originating of new business and a constant deal flow by new client acquisition
- Act as the First Line of Defence with respect to risks resulting from the business relationship with clients
- Ensure external positioning of the CEE Fund Hub by e.g. participating in key industry conferences as speaker to build up the Raiffeisen CEE Fund Hub as a solid brand
- Manage a coordinated sales approach with the senior management of Corporate Customers and Corporate Finance to leverage on the OpCo/Portfolio Level of the Funds
What you bring to the table:
- Execute the CEE Fund Hub concept according to the business plan
- Develop additional strategic initiatives related to the CEE Fund Hub concept such as Financing of Limited Partners (LP) exits, establishing of co-operations with Fund Administrators and building an LP-platform for fund investments
- Recruit and develop high potentials within the Fund Hub team together with Head of Institutional Investors and allocate resources within the team
- Be Advisor, including coaching cross-functional and/or agile teams to assure product knowledge and sharing of experience and best practices
- Manage the network with senior management of IC and Corporate Entities in RBI Group to enable a smooth and efficient cooperation and to foster knowledge transfer in a business filed, where RBI acts as Pioneer
- Development of product-, customer- and process improvement strategies including their implementation in RBI Group (AT and NWUs)
What we offer:
- University degree or similar adequate practical experience with profound working experience in Investment Banking or Alternative Investment Fund industry
- Preferably 12+ years of experience and strong expertise in Investment Banking and Capital Markets
- Experience in CEE coverage is a must
- Well established fund community network in place (General Partners level)
- Existing business network of Limited Partners is an advantage
- Asset Management experience is an advantage
- Business Development experience on the C-level
- ESG/Sustainable Finance knowledge is preferable
- Team player in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Client oriented and result-driven sales mentality
- Critical thinker and innovative personality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required for Top Management / C – Level negotiations/presentations
- Task oriented individual and creative self-starter, open to change
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Fluent English as a must, fluent CEE language(s) as an advantage
- You’ll play a key role in developing the CEE Fund Hub thus innovating the value proposition to Asset Managers
- You’ll work in a diverse team of experienced and highly motivated professionals at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from Work-Life balance due to variable working hours
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at 90,000 gross p.a. including overtime - additional payment according to skills and experience
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.