International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
The Head of Legal Service, reporting directly to the CEO, is responsible for guiding RBI Group in all Legal Matters relating to RBI Group’s business operations. Clarification and ascertainment in complex legal situations require a high degree of legal skills, advisory orientation and deep knowledge of banking business to guide the experts within the division and provide advice to all areas of the bank. The strategic development and a visionary mind-set are as important as the positioning of the entire division inside the bank.
S/he will bring a result-oriented mindset, a passionate commitment to disruptive change and the constant desire to create the best and most valuable services.
Candidates for this role will bring an entrepreneurial “out-of-the-box” personality, a passion for change and innovation, and the ambition to work in a group which is setting new standards. S/he aims to contribute to our vision in becoming the most recommended financial services group.
What you can expect:
What you bring to the table:
- Manage the respective expert teams in head-office, as a true leader who is driving the culture
- Aligning with all board areas and foster collaboration according to our corporate values
- Drive the strategic development in line with our strategic roadmap to the next level and define strategy for the best legal services
- Strive for change, constant improvement and continuous innovation by representing all different stakeholders’ interests
- Advance LegalTech and latest technology to set up an infrastructure enabling a modern working environment and new “way of work” approaches
- Create, introduce and harmonize legal standards within the RBI Group
- Representing RBI in court and vis-a-vis bank supervision or other authorities
- Advise the Board of Management and the Supervisory Board of RBI on strategic, organizational and other fundamental decisions
- Negotiate on behalf of RBI Group with customers and other counterparties, their advisors and public authorities
What we offer:
- Academic Law Degree; preferably bar exam
- Proven track record of +10 years’ practical experience in relevant legal areas, in particular banking and finance law, civil law, company law, legal aspects of mergers & acquisitions, insolvency law, tax law, litigation law, administrative law
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- Experience in working with LegalTech, innovation and digitization in a legal environment
- Excellent command of German and English; Central and Eastern European language is an asset
- Proactive Communication and cooperation approach
- Strategically agile; thinks ahead and is curious and eager to act in a highly demanding environment
- Outstanding problem-solving skills by tackling issues in a beneficial manner and the ability to champion continuous improvement
- Strong personality considering the big picture and experienced in dealing with ambiguity and critical situations
- Reflexive personality, who is used to give and receive constructive feedback on all different hierarchy levels
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at EUR 150.000,00 gross p.a. including overtime
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.