International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
As Big Data Engineer you will act in between data providers, data architects and data consumers across CEE to plan and build cloud infrastructure that is able to host all available data in various speeds. You will be in charge for solution definition and the road from an idea to the final implementation. Additionally, in the evolution of data hosting you will be part of rapid prototyping of new ways of data acquisition and the consumption for big data projects.
What you can expect:
What you bring to the table:
- Collaborate with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data lake eco-system
- Design and implement the infrastructure required for optimal data acquisition, hosting and consumption of data from a broad variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies (DevOps & Continuous Integration)
- Become a SPOC in between different big data/cloud teams to set new company standards and share code horizontally between delivery teams
- Monitor the capabilities of the data lake platform to make sure they deliver intended customer value
- Being part of an agile delivery team that implements in a high pace features for the bank to make data available
What we offer:
- Hands on experience with Hadoop technologies (Hortonworks and Cloudera preferred, AWS Cloud as advantage) in building data ingestion and transformation
- Profound experience in designing and developing solutions in Python
- Hands on experience with CD / DevOps methodology and good overview of related tools or tool chains
- Good understanding of data and what can be done with data engineering
- Fluent English; German or another CEE language is appreciated, but not mandatory
- Proactivity; Curiosity; Responsibility; Ideas & Confidence
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at EUR 41.500,00 gross p.a. including overtime, additional payment according to skills and experience
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.