The Open Banking Team at Raiffeisen Bank International is a key contributor to the digital transformation journey of the bank. Through the exposure and consumption of PSD2 APIs for its EU subsidiary banks, the Open Banking Team enables many different use-cases around account data and account to account payments for RBI. Furthermore, the team is exploring methods in which to expose key financial solutions via 3rd party partners and effectively expanding the bank’s distribution channels. The team is looking for a Partner Implementation Manager who is able to define and guide partners through the onboarding process.
Your main objectives
#full-time (38.5 h/week)
#office based in Vienna (1030)
- To liaise with cross functional teams throughout the bank and understand the “as-is” process and timeline for onboarding a partner. Bring together internal operations from legal, compliance, marketing, pricing, etc.
- Provide process improvement expertise and setting incremental changes to various partner touchpoints within the bank. Streamline and standardize the onboarding process resulting in an excellent partner experience.
- Identify technology and procedure gaps to improve the speed and quality of implementation. Create and maintain a backlog of business and technology gaps in the partner implementation process.
- Facilitate partner meetings and guide partners through the onboarding process.
- Devise onboarding and training material for partners, clearly laying out the process and the API solution being offered.
- Assemble and disseminate comprehensive reporting on process development and partner onboarding status to leadership. Keep management informed of critical issues, strategic opportunities and issue status.
- Engage with product owners/managers to establish any additional reporting needs from the partner.
- Contribute to GTM strategy and co-branded marketing for partner launch.
- Engage with Operations & Product Management as the partner advocate on platform & product roadmap discussions.
- Establish strong relationship with partners and become the primary point of contact for the partner (including post implementation).
- Work closely with business analysts and product managers/owners on prioritizing critical issues affecting the partner.
What we offer
- 6+ years of experience in e-com, payments, fintech or software sales organization
- Solid technical understanding of APIs, digital platforms and revenue sharing
- 4+ years of experience in process improvement (certification in lean six-sigma preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in project management (certified project manager preferred)
- Familiarity with embedded finance solutions and industry developments
- Experience in comprehensive business development/projects
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment
- Attention to details and solution-oriented mindset
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Communication skills in working with internal business lines and external distribution partners.
- Fluent in English; in addition working knowledge of German respectively a CEE language is preferred
You’d like to know what else we offer to our colleagues? Watch the video and have a look at some of our benefits on our careers page.
- Flexible working hours and home office options to find a good work-life balance within your team
- Meaningful career opportunities to develop professionally and personally
- Learning as part of our DNA and culture
- Salary account and credit card free of charge
- Family-friendly benefits, such as family and child allowances, company kindergarten, part-time arrangements and much more!
- Easy travel with a paid job ticket or subsidy of annual ticket for public transportation
- Healthy, tasty, and subsidized canteen
- Staying fit with diverse sports offerings and being inspired by cultural events
- Saving in daily life with vouchers and discounts
- A competitive salary starting at EUR 80.000,-- gross including overtime with the opportunity of overpayment based on skills and experience.
We are a leading bank in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe – what got us here, are our talented people. From the moment you join RBI, you will notice our commitment to creating a working environment where everyone can thrive. Diversity and inclusion
are essential components of our vision and mission
and are reflected in our values: collaboration, proactivity, learning and responsibility. Our shared mission is to provide a superior experience for our customers.