International business requires an international corporate philosophy. Are you open to new ideas and do you value cultural diversity? At Raiffeisen Bank International, we are pleased to have more than 16 million customers in 13 CEE countries. And our journey continues – with exciting new issues for us to tackle such as digitalisation and changing customer needs. Join us on our journey.
In order to strengthen our real-time event streaming capabilities and know-how, we are looking for an ambitious Apache Kafka engineer. Our unit is responsible for innovations and operations of the group platforms for event streaming and data warehousing. These platforms are essential data ecosystem platforms for the data driven vision of our bank.
Although based in Vienna, you will have a strong CEE focus and interaction with clients in 13 countries as well as several branches.
What you can expect:
What you bring to the table:
- Setup and operations of Kafka Cluster managed on-premise and/or in cloud-based environments (AWS, Confluent Cloud)
- Definition of topics using Schema Registry
- Implementation of custom Kafka consumers
- Configuration of topics, producers, consumers
- Implement stream processing
- Maintaining Kafka security and encryption
- Define and drive the implementation of methodologies and new processes in accordance with the “big picture” of the group data architecture
- Participate and contribute in the international community of practice
What we offer:
- Team player, intercultural skills, service orientation, high level of commitment and motivation
- Fluent knowledge of English
- result-oriented and structured way of working
- strong analytical skills, able to analyse and design complex data flows and business processes
- Strong Understanding of Kafka messaging and workflow and the consumption of Kafka topics
- qualification to cover the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems, knowledge on NoSQL databases like Cassandra, HBase and MongoDB
- development experience with Java, REST APIs, microservices, message bus technologies
- Knowledge in CI/CD DevOps best practices and tools, knowledge on DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins and Docker.
- Spring Framework/SpringCloud Kafka topics
- Kafka Configuration Authorization and Authentication Patterns (Zuul) Unit testing (JUnit) and Logging (Lombok)
- Experience in Microservice development
- Experience in builds and deployment
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- 5+ years of experience in the Kafka operated environments - preferable in financial services industry
- You’ll work in an international team at a leading bank
- You’ll benefit from flexible working arrangements and determine your own work-life balance
- You’ll benefit from the very latest in tailored professional development
- You’ll earn an appropriate salary starting at EUR 60,000 gross p.a. including overtime
RBI AG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, race or color, national origin, religion, political or other opinion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.